PLEIADE organized a pre-conference event of the 6th conference on Smart Learning Ecosystems and Regional Development (SLERD 2021) entitled "Social inclusion at school: new perspectives for a smart learning ecosystem”
The agenda for the event is available here. The PLEIADE Advisory Board members participated in a Round Table with invited discussants, inclund the PLEIADE project evaluator.
The first three intellectual outputs of the PLEIADE project have been released to the public!
- The first output (IO1) describes the Blended Training Activities that will start next week, and last for a year. In these activities, 75 teachers from Bulgaria, Cyprus, Greece, and Italy will collaborate and learn about learning design, collaborative learning, and social inclusion.
- The second output (IO2) is the I4T game, a hybrid (digital/tangible) card-based game for teachers that want to design inclusive and collaborative activities for their students.
- The third output (IO3) is the gamified platform that will host the the training activities, including all webinars.
All three outputs are accessible on the project website.
The project partners met virtually with the advisory board members on 18 and 22 March and presented the first three Intellectual Outputs of the project, to be released soon:
- IO1 – Blended Teachers’ Professional Development (TPD) pathway, led by CNR-ITD (National Research Council, Italy) – This output consists in Blended Training Activities that will be attended by 75 teachers during 13 months.
- IO2 – Hybrid I4Ts game, led by Open Lab (Italy) – This output is a tangible/digital game aimed to support teachers in designing collaborative and inclusion-oriented learning activities for their students. Any collaborative activity will be designed on the basis of 4 variables: Task, Team, Time and Technology.
- IO3 – Gamified platform for the Blended Training Activities (BTAs), developed by CNR-ITD and University of Sofia – This platform will host and support the online component of the PLEIADE Training Activities for teachers and specifically the sharing and peer review of the learning activities conceptualised with IO2.
The key contributions of the four partner schools in Bulgaria, Cyprus, Greece and Italy will ensure that these tools resonate with end-users’ needs and requirements.
The partners also discussed about arrangements for dissemination, accreditation and quality control of the IOs in an informal and playful atmosphere.
For more information, subscribe to the project news here.
The first Transnational Project Meeting of the PLEIADE Project was held in October 12nd and 20th, 2020. The meeting was planned to be held in Genoa, Italy, but due to the COVID-related travel restrictions it was rescheduled as an online intensive meeting.
This was the first time the project consortium met all together synchronously, and was used to lay the foundation for the work to come. The meeting started with an overview of the whole project by the Project Coordinator. Subsequently, each project partner presented themselves, their background, the tasks they would work on and their responsibilities. This was followed by a detailed presentation of each of the six intellectual outputs of the project, detailing our plans for ensuring high quality and timeliness of each output. Afterwards, meeting participants collaborated in reflecting on project risks and possible mitigation strategies, especially considering how the uncertainty stemming from the COVID pandemic requires fallback plans for all face-to-face meetings and training activities. Lastly, during the meeting partners discussed cooperation arrangements, from a technical side (e.g., shared spaces to be used) as well as from an administrative side.